Term: Retained Primitive Reflexes
The automative stereotyped movements controlled by the brain stem that are present at birth but are inappropriately retained beyond the first year of life which impairs appropriate brain development. (1
- How Functional Neurology Can Help Your Child
- Why Movement Therapies Help
- 018: Robert Melillo – Functional Disconnection: What it is and how addressing the imbalanced brain is foundational to recovery.
- Lessons About the Power of Neuroplasticity with Dr. Peter ScireDr. Peter Scire has dedicated his academic and clinical career over the past 15 years to working with complex neurological disorders in both adults and children. He received his Doctorate of Chiropractic from Life University as well as extensive post-doctoral training in functional neurology with concentrations in childhood developmental disorders, vestibular rehabilitation, and brain injury rehabilitation.
- How screen time is impacting your child’s behaviour and what you can do about it – Dr. Nicole BeurkensDr. Nicole Beurkens, PhD, has almost 20 years of experience supporting children, young adults, and families. She has specialized expertise in evaluating and treating a wide range of developmental and mental health concerns including autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, learning disabilities, anxiety, bipolar disorder, behavioral disorders, brain injury, and other neurodevelopmental conditions.
Search this site
It Takes a Village
Request to join our Facebook group to connect with parents just like you who are looking for support and community.