Lessons About the Power of Neuroplasticity with Dr. Peter Scire
February 19, 2019
Join me in a conversation with Dr. Peter Scire, as he explains various lessons about the power of neuroplasticity.
Dr. Peter Scire has dedicated his academic and clinical career over the past 15 years to working with complex neurological disorders in both adults and children. He received his Doctorate of Chiropractic from Life University as well as extensive post-doctoral training in functional neurology with concentrations in childhood developmental disorders, vestibular rehabilitation, and brain injury rehabilitation.
In addition to his functional neurology training, Dr. Scire has amassed thousands of hours of continued education in the areas of functional immunology, functional endocrinology and advanced concepts in neurochemistry and nutrition over the past decade. Since 2004, Dr. Scire has collaborated with Dr. Robert Melillo the Founder of Brain Balance Centers and Hemispheric Integration Therapy.
After a decade of working with children, Dr. Scire established the Scire Integrative Health Center in Atlanta which specializes in complex neurological and metabolic disorders utilizing the latest advancements in neurological rehabilitation and diagnostic testing. He is a founding member of the International Association of Functional Neurology and Rehabilitation. Dr. Scire served as the President of IAFNR from 2015-2016. When away from his practice Dr. Scire is Dad to his soon to be 18-year-old son Nicholas and his 13-year-old daughter Emma.
- Peter discusses developmental therapies for young adults (5:45)
- Neuroplasticity beyond childhood (7:30)
- The modalities of Functional Neurology (16:02)
- Peter shares a recent case example from (18:30)
- Making cognitive therapy engaging and fun (26:45)
- Exercising big muscles for children with ADHD, OCD, and Autism (32:07)
- The relationship of the intensity needed in therapy or performance activities (36:00)
- The literature is clear on what parts of the brain are underdeveloped with different disorders (41:11)
- Training caregivers on equipment so they can demo it for young adults (48:05)
Resources and Links
Here is the full transcript of this episode:
A Few Lessons About the Power of Neuroplasticity with Dr. Peter Scire