Beyond the Label: A Holistic Approach to Mental Health – Dr. Christina Bjorndal
Join me in a conversation with Dr. Christina Bjorndal, as she explains how you can use a holistic approach to mental health.
Dr. Christina Bjorndal, ND, is an authority in the treatment of mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and eating disorders. Having overcome many serious mental health challenges herself, Dr. Chris is now a gifted speaker and writer who loves to share her philosophy of wellness in interviews with icons like Jenny McCarthy and many more.
She is recognized as one of the top NDs to follow by two independent organizations and has helped many patients achieve physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing – which she believes are the four foundational building blocks of overall health. Dr. Chris has proudly completed three books on mental health and offers a 10-week course and in-person retreat on mental health.
Dr. Chris believes that everyone has an innate power to heal themselves and become completely well. As a naturopathic doctor, she makes it her responsibility to make sure people have the information, guidance, and empowerment needed to move towards better health. When she isn’t helping clients create better, healthier, and happier lives, she is a wonderful mother, loving wife, dedicated friend, and avid explorer.
- Dr. Chris’ journey towards health and her inspiration to become a ND (3:40)
- Using a diagnosis as a starting point for healing and understanding (9:50)
- The four foundational aspects of health and what to look for in each (11:15)
- The steps to take to manage emotional, spiritual, and mental health (17:50)
- How the “R’s” are applicable to parents and children (24:10)
- Learning to trust the voice of the heart/body/intuition (26:45)
Resources and Links
- The Essential Diet: Eating for Mental Health
- Moving Beyond: A Journal into Self-Discovery
- Beyond the Label: 10 Steps to Improve Your Mental Health with Naturopathic Medicine