How Mindset Can Be Your Child’s Superpower with Todd Herman
Join me in a conversation with Todd Herman, as he explains how mindset can be your child's superpower!
Todd Herman is an author, performance advisor, and entrepreneur. For 22 years, his training company, Herman Performance Systems, has focused on helping achievers and ambitious people in sports & business achieve wildly outrageous goals while enjoying the process. Todd is originally from Alberta, Canada, where he grew up on a large farm and ranch and developed a healthy dislike of chicken coops.
Todd’s company provides a suite of programs serving Olympic athletes, Entrepreneurs, and Leaders. Todd is also the author of The Alter Ego Effect: The Power of Secret Identities to Transform Your Life, and creator of ‘90 Day Year’, a performance system designed to create remarkable results for business owners, fast. 90 Day Year has won the Stevie Award for ‘Global Leadership & Skill Development Program of the Year'—twice. Todd is also a recipient of the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies award. He’s been featured on the Today Show, Sky Business News, Inc Magazine and CBC National News.
Todd lives in New York City with his wife and three young children and is currently the world’s worst ukulele player.
- Todd explains the basics of the Alter Ego Effect (5:45)
- Todd discusses his dyslexia (12:16)
- A scientific study of the alter ego effect in kids (17:30)
- How an alter ego mindset works for ‘regular' people (20:02)
- What Todd likes about working for equestrians (24:42)
- The science of enclothed cognition (30:22)
- The five layers of building an alter ego (37:30)
- Todd gives examples of how vocabulary can frame our children's identity (43:57)
Resources and Links
Here is the full transcript of this episode:
How Mindset Can Be your Child's Superpower